Re: [TowerTalk] Tower winch failure

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower winch failure
From: KT2Q <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:26:39 -0400
Al:

Thanks for the reply. I took the liberty of
attaching a short video of the winch after it
failed; I sent it to your home address. It looks
like the spring loaded latch (pawl) broke off
completly. From what I can tell, the pawl is the
only thing keeping the winch from free wheeling.

The clutches are still pressed tightly against the
sprocket that the pawl would latch to so the
clutch held, but the pawl let go. I was hoping the
2550 had a heavy duty mechanism compared to the
1550. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a
better winch.

Tony KT2Q