Re: [TowerTalk] Inexpensive thrust bearing?

To: "'Jim Miller'" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>,"'Clint Talmadge'" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inexpensive thrust bearing?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:02:26 -0400
There is a material called "star board" that is very tough and looks
somewhat like Teflon. It is used a lot in the marine industry. It can be had
at most plastic supply houses. You could probably get some scraps from a
boat yard if you are near one. The stuff comes in various thicknesses up to
I think an inch or so. It is quite slippery so should make a good bearing.
There is no glue that will stick to it.

73
Gary  K4FMX