[TowerTalk] Coax Choke Balun Placement

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Choke Balun Placement
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:43:40 -0400
Hello,

Would winding the coax choke balun around the
boom be okay?  Another question, would winding
the coax choke balun on a 4" PVC pipe and then
suspending the choke below the boom parallel with
the boom be okay?  Both situations would make
convenient the connection to the coax feed line
and to the feed point on the ant.

Getting ready to do maintenance on the two F12
EF240Xs on the tower.  Plan is to replace the F12
baluns with either coax choke baluns or W1JR
baluns.  Like Bill, W6WRT, 1500 W RTTY is used on the ant.
At 12:13 PM 3/25/2007, Billy Cox wrote:
>I agree with Tim, and you'll have to scroll
>down at this link for the specfic details ....
>
>https://www3.qth.com/~comteksy/secure/
>
>---------------------------------------
>CFC-50   Comtek Choke Baluns
>Consists of Belden Teflon coax, 100 Amidon beads,
>3M Heat shrink tubing to cover beads, and Silver
>Teflon PL-259 connectors. Based on WØIYH's
>proven design. Absolutely stops feedline radiation
>in stack and single beam installations.
>
>No connection with Comtek other than using his
>products and knowing Jim Miller is a FB guy.
>
>73 de Billy, AA4NU

         Mike, K4GMH