Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ab7r@cablespeed.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:08:49 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2007 7:29:38 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Thanks for this post.  I just installed an Optibeam  OB12-6 on an Orion
2800
rotor.  A couple days later we had a small  wind storm and it did fine.  But
we do get some nasty ones here on  Whidbey Island too.  I meant to call M2
and ask about pinning and to  side tracked today.  So it seems pinning this
should be  fine.

    I think they're going to discourage you from  pinning the mast, either
from a warranty viewpoint or potential damage from  it. OTOH it might work just
fine.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH