Re: [TowerTalk] using coax as ladder line

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] using coax as ladder line
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:47:50 +0000
But if you are talking about just a few inches to get through the wall of the house, the loss shouldn't be any higher than with feed-through insulators. I would use some larger size coax than RG-213, though. With open wire tuned feeders, the rf voltage can be very high - enough to exceed the rating of the coax. I'd go for some of the 1-inch plus diameter stuff used in commercial applications.

Or what about just a plain old pair of ceramic feed-through insulators?

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/

MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.? Enter to win today. http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline