Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:30:44 -0500
Thanks for posting the flaws again.

Looks like one of the recent improvements is removal of the dimples.  Both
surfaces (front and back) on the mast clamps are now ground off at the
factory.

Since the mechanism has also been strengthened, this rotator may finally be
up to the task to rotate large arrays.  However, thanks to comments from
Frank W3LPL, I do not intend to be the first to find out.  Instead of using
it to turn the top-of-stack 4el 40 meter Yagi, I think it will do nicely
turning the top-of-stack 5 el 20 meter Yagi instead.

Now to look into a prop-pitch and suitable controller...

73, Keith NM5G

  _____