Re: [TowerTalk] Pole Mount for Beam Antenna

To: "Garry" <g.drummond@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pole Mount for Beam Antenna
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:05:09 -0700
Gary, I have seen 2 different mounts like you describe. One uses two
verticals spaced about 2 feet of the  rail material used in garage door
openers. The trolley has wheels designed to travel inside the rails. The
second uses 2 steel cables spaced the same with turnbuckles to keep them
taut. The trolley is a plate or frame with vertical pipes sliding up and
down on the cables. Both systems would use horizontal angles at top and
bottom bolted to the pole. I think these angles would need struts to handle
the twisting forces the beam and rotator put on the pole.
73. Dan, N5AR