[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Unique Installation

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Unique Installation
From: bobbrus1@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:46:17 -0400
  Time for me to ask for some advice. I have limited space to put up 60feet of
Rohn 45. I intend to put the first section in the ground and then a house
bracket heavily fortified at 23 feet. I know that only allows me to do a 40
foot total height without additional brackets or guys. I would like to put up
the additional 20 feet, but my guy anchor locations are limited. The angle of a
guy to the ground would be pretty steep as I only have about 20+ feet before I
am into a drive way vs the 48 feet I would noramly need. The other two can be
much less of an angle if I tie them into my roof which is at approximately 30
feet. The problem with the two sides that would go to the roof is that I can
not get the spread to give me the 120 degree angle between the guy wires. My
question is this....can I put this up and feel confident it will stay there. It
will be tied into the house very well...just can't get all the guy wires at the
normal angles and the 120 degree spread.

 Looking for your advice on feasability and what are the best anchors to use on
the roof or in the gable ends.

 Bob WV0C