Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Unique Installation

To: <bobbrus1@netscape.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Unique Installation
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:15:47 -0700
I had a TH6 on 60 ft of Rohn 25 up for 3 years in Seattle
on a 30 ft lot.  The guys were at steep angles.
It went through lots of big storms with
no problem.  The guy anchors were screw in earth type and
the "base" was 5 ft of R25 buried in dirt.  One thing
you are suggesting that I wouldn't do is tie guys to the
roof.  They will pull your roof off.  Instead, bend the
guy over the edge of the roof and continue down to the ground to
a ground anchor.  You are of course putting this up without
a permit like I did :-)

Rick N6RK