Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp or Solder

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp or Solder
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:08:21 -0700
There's also another flavor of crimp connector, which I've used on F,
SMA, and other microwave connectors, but I've not seen for bigger
coax or connectors that crimps along the direction of the coax, as
opposed to around.

There's a ferrule that is crushed when the connector is collapsed
longtudinally (If you know how a compression pipe fitting works, it's
exactly the same).

I'll bet this would provide the best overall crimp, since the force
is applied symmetrically all the way around the coax, and any sort of
"jaw crimp" is only going to approximate this by using round/hex dies.