Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp or Solder

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp or Solder
From: "KF6PYF@blaze1024.com" <KF6PYF@blaze1024.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:18:22 -0700
I guess I might have been a bit misleading. I do use two other tools
besides just a razor blade.

Tool number 1. A small section of hobby type brass tubing that just fits
the coax. I use this as a guide for my razor blade.

Tool number 2. A cheap plastic dial caliper the type with the depth
measurement wire. I use this to set the position of the brass tubing.

Using this method If the soldering iron is hot  I can install a solder
on PL-259 on RG-213 or RG-8 in about 4 min and that's taking my time to
do it right. I guess If i was trying to show off I could probably
install one in about 2 min.

Of course that's probably slow compared to an expert installer with a
nice pair of strippers using crimp on PL259's