Re: [TowerTalk] rohn question

To: "'merlin-7'" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>,"'Dale Martin'" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rohn question
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:12:29 -0500
A friend of mine that worked on radars in the Houston area told me that he
recommended the pier pin installation. He said that it helped remove the
torque from the tower and put it on the guy wires. I really never had
someone give me a scientific explanation but I decided to follow his advice.

The tower company that put up my tower had no problems with the pier pin.

Why would you bury an expensive piece of Rohn 25 in concrete (long or short
version) when you can just order the Concrete Base with Pier Pin or the
Hinged Base plate. When you take it down you don't need a hack saw!

Bill, W5VX