Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jacobsen_5@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:05:49 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/2007 8:05:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  How do Tower Talkers. Are you ready for this?? A  R E A  L  question about
towers!!!

Always appreciated - hi.

>  I need you search your "grey matter" soft drives. (Maybe  more chance the
old timers have the answer) Does anyone remember if a straight  tower section
is/was made to extend a Rohn HDBX 48 into a HDBX 56??? Either  Rohn or after
market mfg??? There is a local ham looking for one. I don't ever  remember
seeing/reading about anything like this. But then, my "grey matter"  soft drive
is, welllllll, lets not go there.

Back in the old days, you  could get straight sections. I don't remember if
they were made by Spaulding -  the original designer/manufacturer - or Rohn.

        I used to hacksaw off the  tapered part and use the remaining
straight portions for sections; use the  mating section for a template to drill
new
holes and you're good to  go.

        These days I think the only  real straight sections are available
from Delhi - the company in Canada  that is still manufacturing the BX design.
BX
towers used to be cheap and  plentiful - I don't see them as often anymore -
but you can still probably come  up with some useable sections.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH  -
Professional tower services for hams