Re: [TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations
From: Jeff Carter <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:28:13 -0400
Well, this is refreshing!  A topic I know about for a change!

I do a lot of consulting in and around the sporting venues in Atlanta, and in
the case of either Philips Arena or the GA Dome, you could possibly get
permission but you wouldn't want it.  You wouldn't want to run the climate
control in either building due to cost and you'd burn up without it.

In that general area, the Dodd Stadium over at Ga Tech might be better, I
think, being open to the air.  The GA Tech ARC might be of help in arranging
something, although I'm not sure what they do for Field Day.

Jeff/KD4RBG