Re: [TowerTalk] Tower design question

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower design question
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:25:40 -0400
Since getting my Novice in 1955 I had many years of rig and antenna poverty
to hone my skills. I dont need to be reminded that those skills are as
important today as then.

In later years I grew bigger antennas, better QTH's and better gear. With
work, a growing family and other interests I decided that sitting in front
of a radio with all my spare time was very time wasting and counter
productive. To each their own.

These days I still have varied interests so spending days on end twiddling
the dial is mostly a waste of time. I put it in the same category as
watching TV.

Ive worked Europe several times on 160M with 100 milliwatts and have ~70
countries with 1W; and bounced signals off the moon on 6 and 2M, those are
thrills. Being the first station in New England to get 5BWAZ and the first
to work JA on 160 were thrills. Owning 1/2 of the 432 mHz overland tropo
record is a thrill. Being on hand to witness the first ham EME contact was a
thrill.

This summer I hope to break 200 mph in a nostalgia dragster that I built and
drive, that will be a thrill.

And spending time a year and a half ago with my newborn first grandson was a
thrill that overshadows all the others.

Carl
KM1H