Re: [TowerTalk] does anyone make what they say?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] does anyone make what they say?
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:25:03 -0400
Rusty wrote:

"I've been looking at a C19XR/C31XR, TH7/TH11, or possibly a Steppir.
All seem to have waiting times of 1-4 months.  Does anybody even manufacture
the products they claim to make?"

I regret to report that the economics of the amateur market are such,
that stocking finished product ahead of orders isn't well advised.
These guys aren't rolling in bucks...price pressure from hams is...
if not severe, significant.  Made to order is the norm.

The cost-effective operating point is to maintain a backlog of 30-45
days.  If you check with them right after Dayton, that tends to bulge
to the 90day + vicinity.

Which doesn't solve your problem of having an effective antenna system
in time for the contest!  Begging, pleading, and finding used may be
your options.  Sorry for the reality check.

ps:  did anyone note the sale of Kenwood to JVC?

N2EA

Jim Jarvis, President
The Morse Group, LLC
We create high-performance organizations.
jimjarvis@themorsegroup.net
www.themorsegroup.net