Re: [TowerTalk] Whats the best free standing Tower for a SteppIR

To: W4LDE-Ron <w4lde@cfl.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,SteppIR Yahoo Group <steppir@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whats the best free standing Tower for a SteppIR
From: Steve Robinson <wu9b@desertinet.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:17:46 -0700
I have the 70 foot version of the MA-550 you mentioned. I really like it.
You will probably want to lower the tower at least half way down when the
winds are predicted.

I lowered mine one day in strong winds and the tower broke somehow. It would
not raise again. US Tower gave me a brand new tower! I had to pay shipping
and pay for a crane but I was impressed that they stand behind the product.
I really really like the tower. Make sure you get the remote control for
lowering and raising. You do not want to hand crank that sucker. I am 53 and
never liked climbing even when I was young so I am a real happy camper. I am
a casual contester and DXer so it is perfect for my needs.

There are lots of good choices out there so GL with whatever you choose.

Pictures of my install at http://www.qsl.net/wu9b/

Steve WU9B