Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Light Outages

To: <DONMAR1234@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Light Outages
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:40:31 -0400
This message didn't arrive here until after 11:00 PM which makes it the last
of this series. I'm guessing it's the original.

Using the call in this post and going to clarksville  I find 4 towers
NOTAMed without lights. it gives directions and distances  from various air
fields but does not tell what kind of towers.

The really strange thing is it lists Parr Field (a sod strip) but not the
paved strip about a mile to the NW which is just over 1.5 miles from  K4KYV
(1.6 from the end of the runway according to my map)  If I could get the
designator for that field I could find the locations of those towers in
relation to it. Then we'd know if they are the ones you are seeing wihtout
lights.

You'd be right under the pattern for left traffic so I can see why there are
limits.

I'm directly on the centerline for the approach to 06 for our airport but
4.75 miles out. when I fly the approach I can't even see my house as it's
directly under the plane.

73

Roger (K8RI)