Re: [TowerTalk] Gotham antennas

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gotham antennas
From: jpk5lad@cox.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:04:47 -0500
Hi Tom --
Wasn't the TB-3 designation from Swan?  I agree that Swan
bought the Hornet line but I remembered the Hornet line
with model numbers like TB-500, TB-750, and TB-1000.  I
had a TB-750 for several years.  It was a great beam and
my first but you sure had to be careful in tightening that cast
aluminum boom to mast fitting or you could crack it.

Boy, all this nostalgia is getting to me.  I had recently gone
back and written down some of those stories from my early
ham days in the 50's and later and I put them in a section
on my web pages.  It's been fun but I never did own a
Gotham.............. sure wished over a lot of Gotham ads,
however.

73,
Jim - K5LAD

On 9 Jul 2007 at 18:32, Tom Osborne wrote:

> Hi Bill
>
> I also had one of those TB-3 Hornet tri-banders (same as the Swan)  I
> remember the ad in QST--"TB-3  tri-bander.  $55.00.  $5.00 down--$5.00 per
> month.  Just clip out the coupon and mail."
>
> Sent in my $5.00 and got the Hornet.  No credit check for a 16 year old kid
> back in 1957 :-)  73
>
> Tom W7WHY
>

> > I replaced the Gotham with a 3 el Swan Hornet Tri-bander...another old
> > name.
> >
> > Those were the days.
> >
> > 73's,
> > Bill, AA7X

"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something
stupid to say and then don't say it." -- Sam
Levenson
My Web Page - http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad