Re: [TowerTalk] Woodpeckers and Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Woodpeckers and Antennas
From: "Dave N0RQ" <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:27:04 -0500
Back during my freshman year at SDSU (that's South Dakota, not San Diego),
the campus had metal light poles with these metal hat-like hoods on top.
Right outside the dorm, a woodpecker landed on one of these things
EARLY in the morning for some days straight, and proceeded to pound
the heck out of it.  Man it was loud -- and several hundred college kids
hated that bird.  I half-expected to hear a loud boom (as in 12-gauge)
one morning (it was South Dakota, after all), but the bird must have
found tastier pickin's somewhere else.

--
Dave N0RQ
http://www.powerlinenoise.com