Re: [TowerTalk] Insulators

To: "'Ron Todd'" <ron@k4wz.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insulators
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:13:26 -0000
Too many different ones to know for sure.  Big hv line ones can hold
50,000-60,000 lbs and some of them more than that.  Take a look at my
insulator catalog and the main display at BIG
(http://www.berkshireinsulatorgallery.org/) and see if any of them look like
yours, maybe I'll be able to tell something from that.  Otherwise send along
some pictures and any markings you can find on them.  The test strength is
often stamped in or cast in to end fittings, and sometimes in the
glass/porcelain/rubber or whatever the material is.  Look carefully at the
end fittings, some of the markings can be hard to see unless you do a paper
rubbing of them.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net