Re: [TowerTalk] lightning standards (changes)

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] lightning standards (changes)
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:34:25 -0400
I remember that several years ago an alternative theory was making the
rounds for tower protection.

Its basis was to have the tower as the least likely target for the leaders.
By having an insulated base and guy wires it presented a less inviting
target compared to other items in the area.
It would seem, on the surface anyway, that a nice juicy tree at a safe fall
distance from the tower would make a dandy sacrifice.

Is there any convincing proof pro or con for that method?

Carl
KM1H