Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question

To: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>,"Tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:35:20 -0400
> Maybe I should cut a rod down and practice attaching a short length of
> copper wire and see how it goes.

It might help but with materials as different as copper and steel you really
need to work with the sizes you will end up with. OTOH it sometimes helps to
"work up" to the final project. <:-))

> Would wrapping with wire and or clamping and soldering be a better bet
> than
> brass brazing?

Wrapping? I don't think so.
Clamping?  I've never had good luck with ground clamps. They rusted and or
worked loose and had to be retightened regularly, or replaced.

Clamping and soldering?  I've seen soft solder used, but I don't know how
well it stood up.  If soldering I'd prefer silver solder even though it is
expensive.

73

Roger (K8RI)