Re: [TowerTalk] Sweet spot locations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sweet spot locations
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:22:37 -0400 (EDT)
Dave,

Many high power transmitter facilities have optical lightning detectors
that almost instantaneously shut the transmitter down in the event of
a nearby lightning strike or flashover.  The consequences of not shutting down
the transmitter can be worse that the lightning strike itself.

Its standard off-the-shelf -- but not inexpensive -- technology.

73
Frank
W3LPL