[TowerTalk] RCA Spider web antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RCA Spider web antenna
From: "Barry Kirkwood" <barry.kirkwood@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:59:50 +0800
Hi all:
I mentioned this ingenious form of a mulit band parallel dipole in an
earlier post.
Have since had feedback that no info can be found via Google etc.
Am currently travelling in SE Asia, no access to my library, hi.
I know this antenna was described in the 'Radio Handbooks' and Antenna books
published by Editors and Engineers before WW II.
Also it may have been subject to patent.
Would be grateful if anybody could find a reference to it, better, post it
somewhere on the web.
The actual antenna used dipoles cut for the SW AM broadcast bands eg 49m and
the like.
The ingenious feature was the way the dipoles were configured such that
there was good spacing between them, and the whole array could be suspended
from just two masts.
Imagine it would be easy to reconfigure for amateur bands.
tnx es 73
Barry ZL1Dd

--
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD