Re: [TowerTalk] RCA Spider web antenna

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RCA Spider web antenna
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:06:21 -0400
In a similar vein many of the old boatanchor ham and SW receivers were
designed for high impedence inputs to be used with long wires or open wire
line. A low impedence antenna/feed will load down the front end and
dramatically reduce performance.

I use a multiband RX antenna consisting of traps, loading coils and parallel
dipoles to cover from  .5-30MHz.   It works well on just about any frequency
with acceptable VSWR. The feed is RG-6 to a distribution box that can feed
up to16 radios. In the box is a low noise 2N5109 broadband preamp feeding
the splitter network. From there RG-6 goes to each receiver and is fed
direct to the receivers that are designed for low impedence or thru 12:1
baluns to the others. My BA's range in age from the 20's to the early 60's.

When I built this place in 1989 I installed 2 or 3 CATV outlets in all BR's
plus LR and FR. Every cable goes to the walk up attic and I can configure
outlets for TV or BA's at will.

Carl
KM1H