Re: [TowerTalk] [amsat-bb] Rohn 45G question

To: n4qwf1@gmail.com, stargatesg1@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [amsat-bb] Rohn 45G question
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:11:41 EDT

I can help with this question:

Glen Martin no longer offers a thrust bearing. They are suggesting use of a
Yaesu GS065 as a substitute.

The 45AG4 and BPL45G both have a 3" i.d. hole where the bearing mounts.
Neither the old Glen Martn bearing or the GS065 will properly cover a hole this

size and you would also have to drill new mounting holes. The Rohn TB3 and TB4
fit without any modifications.

The azimuth rotor part of a Yaesu G5500 will fit the AS455G rotor plate
without modifications. You will need a Yaesu separation kit to mount the
elevation part of the G5500 to a mast above the top of the tower.

If you have any questions about any of this please call me at 800 272  3467.

73,
Gerald Williamson K5GW
Texas Towers

In a message dated 8/14/2007 9:50:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,