Re: [TowerTalk] Vibrator for 2x2x4 hole?

To: "Dana Roode" <dana.roode@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vibrator for 2x2x4 hole?
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:56:37 -0400
Dana:

     For a small hole like that you probably can get away with poking at the
concrete with a 2x4 piece of wood as it's being poured.  The goal is to
ensure there are no voids or air pockets in the concrete after it sets up,
thereby reducing the ultimate strength of the pour.

     My tower's foundation is made of 10.5 cuyds of concrete so I rented an
electric vibrator for the project.  The 2x4 idea would not have been as
effective for my project because of the volume of concrete, plus the
foundation was undercut around the bottom edges and I wanted to make sure
that that space was filled with mud.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F