Re: [TowerTalk] House bracket rust stains

To: <stargatesg1@verizon.net>,"Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House bracket rust stains
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:16:39 -0400
Im going thru a similar exercise right now. I'm installing 50' of 45G on an
unequal pitch roof and bracketing in 2 places to the 3rd story of another
section of the house.

Ive built 2 brackets copied from the Rohn HBUTVRO as well as a very sturdy
pedastal mount for the tower base plate.

Galvanizing quotes were $250 and up so that idea was scrapped.
After a complete metal prep I will give the steel a coat of cold
galvanizing. Next will be 2 coats of Zero Rust www.zerorust.com Red Oxide
primer. The final coat will be latex that matches the siding. I figure that
will outlast me before it needs a touch up.

In tests by the US Navy, automotive restorers, state and munincipal
governments, etc, Zero Rust outperforms all other paints with rust
preventing claims.

Ive used Zero Rust for several years during auto restorations as well as
many other rust stopping needs around here. This stuff really works!

Carl
KM1H