Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn BX32 + pier pin

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n3pkc@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn BX32 + pier pin
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:29:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2007 7:20:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  My next post will be asking for advise about putting my Rohn  45g on a
pier pin.  I've got the pier pin base section, but I need to buy  the pin and
pour the concrete before it's too late in the sumer.  I'd  really like to start
getting the tower assembled. Total tower height will be  somewhere in the
neighborhood of 90'-140', I haven't quite decided.  I'll  have 220' total to
play
with, but I'm thinking it would be overkill and I'll  plan on using it for two
separate towers.

    Pour now and erect later. The pin isn't anything  special except maybe
being galvanized and you can add it later by drilling  into the concrete and
epoxying the pin in. It might take you ten minutes.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams