Re: [TowerTalk] guy levels ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy levels ?
From: "Roger Kissel" <kc8hz@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:52:01 -0400
Bill

Since when did Rohn/Radian get into the OIL BUSINESS - Per Rohn 45g spec the
guy levels for 100' are 31', 61 and 94' at 110mpg.

mp"G"  ?!?

All kidding aside, if you want to go 100 feet and the limit is 100, look
closely at what you are doing. Is your bottom section IN the concrete ? If
so subtract that from your total number of sections.

Whoa !   You're not going into the crete but using a pier pin instead ?
Well, look again. Your top section is only 9 feet. So you're at 99 feet with
the TOWER ! You put mast into the tower but it is not tower. It's Mast. So
when the building inspector comes to inspect your TOWER, have nothing on it.
Have nothing in your rotator. It's 99 feet !

Personally, I'd go 400 feet and thumb my nose at them. After all, it's a ham
radio station. Isn't that good for sumthin ?

And I'd go with the recommended guying levels for the 100 footer. If you
only go 90 feet, I'd use the 100 foot specs and put the top set of guys at
80 feet

RoGrrr
KC8HZ