[TowerTalk] Starting the tower tilting

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Starting the tower tilting
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:10:09 -0400
I received an email inquiry this morning about how I actually start my crank-up
tower tilting over so that the weight of the tower is off dead center and
starts it decent unaided.  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure it is
not easy.  I have tried several levers and fulcums and have yet to get the
right combination.  I have also toyed with the idea of a metal bracket to slide
under the tower leg and provide a surface to place a bottle jack under the
bracket.  As I am writing this the idea of putting a chain with it's ends
bolted together under the leg and using a car jack comes to mind.  So my
question is what methods have you tried and been successful with.  Is the "end
all silver bullet approach" out there?

Pat, K8PC