Re: [TowerTalk] Starting the tower tilting

To: "'Pat Chiles'" <chilesp@comcast.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Starting the tower tilting
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:27:37 -0400
I use a small 2 ton floor jack. I place as far back on the bottom of the
tower as near to the raising fixture as I can get it. I release the
tension on the winch cables and use the floor jack to start the tower
leaning over. Going back and forth between releasing tension on the
cable and jacking up the floor jack will soon have the weight on the
raising fixture winch. It only requires 2 or 3 inches of movement.

Julio, W4HY