Re: [TowerTalk] It can be Done!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] It can be Done!
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:36:19 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:32:28 -0500, "Jim Miller"
<JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net> wrote:

>Induced
>voltages, YES.  The closest it would have been to any of the cables would
>have been 50 yards and that in the house two houses up from me.

Interestng story, but how do you know it was "induced voltages"?. A
lightning strike could easily travel through 50 yards of earth looking
to equalize the earth/air voltage difference even further, and your
equipment unfortunately, was in the way. I'm not saying it wasn't
"induction", just that simple conduction is an alternate possibility.

Just wondering. I have no idea how to prove it one way or the other.

Bill W6WRT