Re: [TowerTalk] whole house surge protectors

To: "'John Elsik'" <wa5zup@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] whole house surge protectors
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:58:38 -0500
I set up the following Cutler-Hammer protectors when I built a new house
about 3-years ago. Everything enters the house at the same spot, so all the
little protectors are in close proximity to each other.  They seem to work
great.  We have had several close hits that knocked out stuff in other
houses around us, but our house was fine.  One hit fried part of a cable TV
connector on the outer wall of our house, but again, nothing happened on the
inside.  All my grounds go to one spot.

The model numbers shown are Cutler-Hammer, and should be available through
most major dealers or electrical contractors.

CHSPMAX (AC power lines)
DHW4PT (4 Telco lines)
DCXCAB2 (2 cable/sat coax lines)