Re: [TowerTalk] Coper clad steel

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coper clad steel
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:59:37 -0700
I'm sure that is good stuff, but at $64 per 1000 feet for bare #16 you
can do almost the same for #14 wire at Home Depot, especially if you
include shipping.

There is a guy on eBay who fairly regularly sells #18 solid copper
(insulated, though) for $20 per 1000 feet, which is not that much above
the raw cost per pound of copper.  Shipping is extra, of course, but he
is very good to work with for reduced shipping on multiple reels.  I
bought 6,000 feet and paid about $145 total, including shipping across
most of the U.S.   I have no affiliation with him ... just a satisfied
buyer.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsepltra112

73,
Dave   AB7E