Re: [TowerTalk] 160m 1/4 Wave Vertical Results Thus Far...

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m 1/4 Wave Vertical Results Thus Far...
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:15:09 -0400
I agree that the tower is too short, however when he measures it, it is
electrically too long and has an SWR of 2.6:1.  Something is very wrong and
adding an inductor won't help until the problem is resolved.  If it were me,
I would either add a stinger or a short conductive guy wire at the top to
bring it to resonance, instead of using base loading.

Does your coax run along the ground with the radials?

John KK9A