Re: [TowerTalk] Swapping out a T2X & Wasps...

To: "'Kimberly Elmore'" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Swapping out a T2X & Wasps...
From: "Gary Dixon K4MQG" <gdixon@comporium.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:27:17 -0400
Kim, this is very common this time of year and it will occur on all kinds of
towers. I've had exactly the same thing to happen on HBX, Rohn 24, 45 and
other kinds much larger.
There is no nest up there. The wasp are looking for a warm place and they
fine it during the day on tower legs. This kind of thing is very common in
the fall of the year. Cold WX and the first freeze will put a stop to it.
They aren't normally aggressive and will just move out of your way while you
move up or down the tower.

73, Gary, K4MQG