[TowerTalk] Series Remote Coax Switches?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Series Remote Coax Switches?
From: "Tim Heger" <n3xx@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:29:38 -0400
Hi to all,

I have a question about the use of remote coax switches, and am sure someone
has done this before, but I have no experience with it.  I presently have one
tower in use (175' coax run from house to tower), and am using a remote coax
switch at the base of the tower to feed a number of antennas.  I have a second
tower built, and will also have a number of antennas on it.  I would like to
use one of the outputs on the coax switch at the first tower to feed the coax
switch on the second tower (140' from first to second tower).  This would save
the expense of a second 175' of coax from the house to the first tower.
Have others fed antennas through two remote coax switches?  Had any problems
doing this?
I'm not sure if this is a good idea, or if I should just spend the extra on
coax and have a completely seperate run from the house to the second tower.

Tnx - 73,
Tim - N3XX