[TowerTalk] N-Connector to Super 8 Low Loss Cable?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N-Connector to Super 8 Low Loss Cable?
From: "Kimo Chun" <kimo@lava.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:57:44 -1000
I have not heard of "Super 8" cable before. If it is same as 9913 or
Cushcraft's TL93605 "UltraLink" which is similar but with a foam dielectric
rather than a spiral / air dielectric then you need a special N- Male
connector with a larger hole center pin. RF Industries (available through
many sources) makes P/N RFN-1002-1SI for Male N and P/N RFN-1024-1SI for the
in-line Female N. I can only assume these connectors will also fit the
various "Flex" type 9913 cables (also with foam or solid dielectrics) out
there with stranded center conductors (but also larger center conductors
than regular RG-213 or RG-8).

Don't confuse the part numbers with the same ones without the "I" on the
end. Those are for plain RG-213.

Of course, you could shave the solid conductor down but that would be my
LAST choice and then only a temporary emergency measure.

I hope this helps.

73

Kimo Chun, KH7U

Delta Communications, Inc.