Re: [TowerTalk] FLooded shrink tubing?? Can you remove it??

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FLooded shrink tubing?? Can you remove it??
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:09:17 -0400

> The shrink I get (for free I might add) comes from the local Satellite
> Dealer who is given the stuff by companies (Dish >& Direct) and uses very
> little of it so he passes it on. Most of it is the standard "Heat Shrink"
> but lately he has been >giving me stuff that is sealed in a foil envelope
> and when removed, it shrinks on it's own. No heat, just air. There is 3 or
>  >4 pieces in each envelope and each is about 6 inches long, which is just
> long enough to go over 2 PL-259s and a barrel. >The goo sets up hard, not
> soft as most of the heat activated stuff.

I can understand not wanting to save that. <:-))
I purchased 1500 feet of LMR-400 when I first put up the big tower.  I'm now
consolidating cables and using remote switching, or will be for the two
stations and am swithing over to LMR-600 (purchased 1000 feet a while back)
I've gone to all crimp connectors which saves me a lot of time and gives
good, mechanically sound connections.  BTW with the second station I'll
still be using between 500 and 1000 feet of the LMR-400.

I haven't saved PL-259s in years, but I do reuse the big connectors for the
LMR-600.

73

Roger (K8RI)