[TowerTalk] [antenneX Readerlist] Rare Book Available - "ShortwaveAntenn

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] [antenneX Readerlist] Rare Book Available - "ShortwaveAntennas" by Ayzenberg, G
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:34:47 EST
FYI.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH

>  Folks:
It was recently brought to my attention by a member of  our
antenna-discussion list, the Army Foreign Science And Technology
Center Charlottesville, VA has made a 714-page 49 MB PDF copy of the
"Shortwave Antenna" by Ayzenberg, G. Z. available to the public. I
have  obtained a copy of it and made it available for download in our
Guest Rooms  Antenna Science, Classic Works section.

Abstract : The monograph is a  revision of the book Antennas for
Shortwave Radio Communication published in  1948. Included are such
newer antennas as broadside multiple times antennas  and in
particularbroadside antennas with untuned reflectors, traveling wave
antennaswith pure resistance coupling, logarithmic antennas,
multiple-tunedshut dipoles and others. The material on rhombic
antennas  was expandedand new chapters on single-wire traveling
antennas and on  thecomparative noise stability of various receiving
antennas.

If you  want a copy, it may be found at this Guest Rooms  URL:
http://guests.antennex.com/rooms/science/classics.htm

If you are  not already registered for free access to our Guest
Rooms, you may register  here:
http://www.antennex.com/guests.html

ANOTHER OPTION  AVAILABLE:
Some with slow Internet connections have asked if I would make the
49MB book by G. Z. Ayzenberg available on CD. It's an interesting
request with merit, but I was thinking it might be a better idea to
also  include the archives of the antenna-discussion list on the same
CD as I've  had requests for the list archives on CD as well. The
list archives contains  more than 13,000 postings with some very
useful and valuable tech  info.

I am willing to produce the CD and ship at my cost which I figured
is $10.00 including assembly of info, the CCard Merchant fees, cost
of  blank CD, burning the CD, CD labeling, packaging, package
labeling, postage  and trips to the Post Office.

We decided to make this offer available to  our readers as well and
thus, I have prepared a special order form on our  antenneX secure
server so you may now place your order at the URL below (you  will
see asafeserver.com after clicking the  URL):
http://tinyurl.com/23yfgk

Thanks -- just another benefit of  reading at antenneX!

Jack L. Stone, Publisher
antenneX Online  Magazine
http://www.antennex.com
_jack@antennex.com_ (mailto:jack@antennex.com)