[TowerTalk] Cable Treatment Suggestions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable Treatment Suggestions
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:00:31 EST
Ever since I moved here I always seem to have some LONG cable run that needs
to be buried just enough to avoid a mower encounter....

The really large hard-line run, plus assorted control cables, beverage cable,
shack cable bundle, etc... (probably 800 feet worth), were handled with a
rental trencher.  Worked great.  Not inexpensive plus  a few hours driving and
100 miles of back and forth gas...   Not conducive to impulse creation.

Has anyone here ever built or acquired a simple, small plow blade, scoop,
digger suitable for a decent sized garden tractor yet capable of digging enough
trench to bury control line, RG6 bev lines or even a run of RG8 (I use that
generically)....   Something in the 1 - 2 inch deep by 1 or 2 inch wide
category....

73 de Bill
K2EK