Re: [TowerTalk] Irrigation pipe vertical

To: RLVZ@aol.com, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Irrigation pipe vertical
From: Red Haines <redhaines@acegroup.cc>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 12:51:35 -0600
Hi, Dick;

You ask a very pertinent question, especially for those who might use
irrigation pipe for portable antennas.  The answer is no, aluminum
irrigation pipe is lightweight.  I estimate that the 30', 3" pipe weighs
less than 30 lb.  I can easily carry a 30' 2" pipe telescoped inside a
30' 3" pipe and I can erect the extended pair by myself, if the bottom
end is anchored by one of the bases that I put them on.  This is not a
demonstration of my strength; I'm 74 years old and weigh about 145 lb.

7e de Red, WOØW