Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Base Question

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Base Question
From: "res1q6fs" <roger.white@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:06:09 -0600
Last month, my son dug a specified 5 X 5 X 7 ft. hole for my HDX555. It ended
up being more like 6 X 6 X 8, but a bigger hole is never worse in this case. It
only hurts you in the pocket book (I had to pay $85 /yard for 3000 psi concrete
delivered and the hole gulped up 9 of the 10 yards delivered).

We used a small diesel powered digger that you rent at the local rental place.
It had a 24 in. wide bucket. Our only problem was it was straining hard to get
much over  the 7 to 8 ft. depth, but it did the job. The overall cost was less
than $300 over the weekend (always do that, as you most always get a free day
in Sunday). We only had to touch up the sides a little with a shovel to make it
look pretty.

Tower is up and looks pretty!

Roger W5RD