Re: [TowerTalk] Towers, and bedrock

To: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers, and bedrock
From: WD0M <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:41:01 -0700
Been there, done that.  We have bedrock about 6 inches under the soil.
Nonetheless, I put up a US Tower TX-455 about 4 years ago, and it's
withstood 90 mph gusts.  Works very well.  Check my web page for details:

http://www.wd0m.com/

Click on Ham Radio, then Tower Project.  Grounding is another issue -
check "Lightning Protection System".  I've had a direct lightning
strike, and all worked as planned.

73

Joe Hannigan - WDØM
Pagosa Springs, CO