[TowerTalk] RG-8/RG-213 as C in gamma match

To: Towertalk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG-8/RG-213 as C in gamma match
From: Peter <pc2a@pi4cc.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:13:24 +0000
Hi

In preparation to build a new 40 meter beam, I'am searching
possibilities to make the matching C
Normally in a smaller beam We using 2 different diameter of aluminum
tube with an isolated tape between them
But a gamma match for 40 meter will be in the 2-3 meter range. Due wind
the match will be slight moving in and out and for long term  will this
be a  point of failure.

I was thinking if it was possible to make the C from RG-8 With the
100pf/meter it will be 3-5 meters long.
I can make first with a air varible C the match to find the exact value
of the C.

Is this done before?

Peter
PC2A