Re: [TowerTalk] How to replace a winch,while the tower is in the raised

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to replace a winch,while the tower is in the raised position
From: "Terrence R. Redding PH.D." <terry@oltraining.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:32:29 -0800
It has only happened once to me.  But I will consider replacing the friction
break winch the next time it seems abnormally hard to crank.  It appears the
failure is associated the plates sticking together and crank becoming
increasingly loose through repeated attempts to start the winch lowering the
tower.

Hmm, or were you just commenting on the previous subject line.  I think the
answer is, it happens routinely as a matter of course.

Terry - W6LMJ