Re: [TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax connectors

To: "'Terry'" <terry@kk6t.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax connectors
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:09:52 -0600
 Some heatshrink is cosmetic.

However the epoxy heatshrink acts as a strain relief.

Many companies use it for strengthening at the connection point in addition to
water proffing. However, the epoxy filler does a
better job of sealing the connection. Also keep in mind that many of the cheap
connectors themselves allow moisture in through the
connector body as well.

Bob AD5VJ