Re: [TowerTalk] UST 72' Crankup Tower Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST 72' Crankup Tower Question
From: John Elsik <wa5zup@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:45:14 -0700
Look on the US Towers web site.  They have the widths of the top and bottom
sections listed.> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:28:11 -0800> From:
larryj@teleport.com> To: towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: [TowerTalk] UST 72'
Crankup Tower Question> > > I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a used
US Tower 72' Crankup tower. The current owner (not a ham) inherited it with a
home purchase, and wants to sell it as he has no use for it. He doesn't know if
it's the "Standard" model TX-472 or the "Heavy-duty" model HDX-572. Is there
any way to tell? Do they possibly have different widths at the base section,
etc? I'd like to know what to look for when I go look at it to determine the
model number before I consider buying it, as I live on a mountaintop where I
get substantial wind gusts.> LJ>